Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Not as planned

Ever have a simple project that turned into a total pain?!? That would be this project I simply wanted to create an additional place to display the kids arwork. I found some random supplies and thought.. ok, throw them together and that will be it....


So it started ok. Distressing the rulers. then I tried to glue the, with the frame portrait view and couldn't get them to stick to frame. Then I tried landscape but the background was a weird color, then I spray painted it, then I sanded it to distress the frame which I had totally messed up with the glue, then I decided to try and use knobs for hanging.
Then for some reason I didn't like that cuz it looks like some kind of funky alien eyes or something, so then I took thos off and found some tacks for putting pics up, but then the tacks wouldn't go in the rulers. 
Ugh, so now I have this half finished project, which has kinda ticked me off, and I still have a need for displaying the kids' art and now I have a real mess of supplies on my hands!! AHHHH... stay tuned I will either fix this or throw it in the garbage :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my sharing post. I'm so glad you led me to your blog so I could learn about your sister's diagnosis. I would love to help out somehow to help you raise funds or create more awareness. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

    XOXO
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I do that all the time! I look at something and think I can do it, go mid project and realize I can't! Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete