Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Toddler Talk

Thought I would try something new and join Toddler Talk here at



Since most days I feel I am knee deep in Toddler Talk with a 3 and 5 year old, I can really empathize and celebrate this world.


I am sure many others have to deal with the three year old attitude. My daughter (although she is wonderfully creative and funny) has the attitude of a 16 year year old spoiled girl. She throws around her attitude while she wears anything sparkle and leopard print (and throw in some pink) as if she owns the place Don't DARE pay attention to it or she will likely amplify the attitude.  Just ignore, turn the other way (if no one is in immediate danger)  and attempt to stay calm. 

The son.  Overall, we are past the horrible two's and three's (he is 5) but he has this minor obsession with super heros. They are PERFECTLY lined up at all times and GOD FORBID anything get moved or out of place.  Sometimes I worry about his OCD, but he just likes things in order and always has. Things need to be perfect and color coded, and just the way he left it. If not, I am sorry to say he is reduced to tears :( again, I try to talk this down and calm him down without giving him too much attention for it.

Ugh, why is all such a battle??

Overall, being a stay at home mom for the fast 5 years has been a blessing. I am grateful I could do this, but I also see that someday very soon I will be returning to teaching. It makes me appreciate the the attitude of the daughter since sometime real soon she will be turning 16 to match that lovely attitude of hers.  It makes me appreciate my son even more that he is a solid thinker with the ability to turn those anal tendencies into clear organized thoughts so that his school days aren't a struggle.  Each and every day they make me laugh,  Each and every day they fill my heart with joy, and I would have it no other way!

Lil Stinkers 





No comments:

Post a Comment