Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Derecho

According to the Northwest Herald the storm that had kicked out of my house for 5 days, was called a Derecho. I had never experienced anything like it before. The wind was an amazing sight (right before I went screaming downstairs for shelter like a little girl!) but it left its mark on the neighborhood.
We are so grateful that we didn't have any trees land on our house. Most of our neighbors were not as fortunate. In our area, going without power, means going without water and toilets as well, so the kiddos and I took shelter and my parents house for a few days while the neighborhood was restored.
So we are back, I need to start cleaning up the yard, but instead, well, I am blogging about it :)




This pic above is hard to see but it was trees across the road. This was the scene at each intersection. we a were pretty much stuck in the subdivision

In the pic above you are seeing correctly if you see teh POWER lines being pulled to about  3 feet above the ground






No comments:

Post a Comment